2012年1月31日星期二

Has anyone ever had a "Blackie" sweet potato to bloom?

I have bought the "Blackie" sweet potato for several years because of it's beautiful folliage. Last year I noticed some lavender blooms and I thought a morning glory vine had gotten into my "Blackie". I started to pull it out and on closer examination, I noticed that the blooms were all attached to the "Blackie". It bloomed all summer long and even reseeded itself and I had volunteer plants come up this year. No one that I have spoken to has ever had a "Blackie" that bloomed. I just wondered if anyone else has ever had this experience.

Has anyone ever had a "Blackie" sweet potato to bloom?
yes, mine has bloomed all summer and is still blooming after a recent rain and it is now the end of Sept. I found out last year, that these plants actually produce potatoes underground, even though my plant supplier said they were non-bearing.
Reply:I haven't had it happen in my garden, but I have seen it at a property that the company I work for maintains.



Sweet Potato vine (Ipomea... I think) is in the same family as morning glory. That was a very astute observation. I'm not sure how to get it to do it again. I thought the flowers were pretty.



Congratulations on a rarity in the garden.


没有评论:

发表评论